6 Tips to Improve Cyber Security
Category : Cyberawareness
Managing cyber security risk involves managing behavioral risks, skills gaps, and technical flaws, the report noted. The US Chamber of Commerce and FICO offered the following recommendations to help businesses stay safe:
1. Use the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) Cybersecurity Frameworkto develop an information security program. The framework enables organizations—regardless of their size, risk profile, or cyber sophistication—to develop a cybersecurity plan or improve an existing one.
2. Develop a reliable understanding of one’s network. This includes identifying assets to apply security management based on risk.
3. Identify functions and teams whose process and policy maturity are not performing adequately. This will enable organizations to identify weak links in technology, personnel, policy, and leadership.
4. Oversee an organization’s network team to confirm alignment to the details of network management policies. Avoid unnecessarily exposing network infrastructure assets and ensure correct configuration for those that must be exposed.
5. Protect and monitor network endpoints. Organizations that monitor endpoints are able to provide an early warning of potential problems.
6. Develop a process to confirm that active certificate management programs are in place and are being implemented.
Or, easier still- give us a call and we can help you navigate the cyber landscape for your organization. Call 847 329 8600 and we can help!